Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Earth Seeds and Teaching the Young to See We are Controlling this Spaceship
Mark Joyous calls himself an original “Crew member of Spaceship Earth.” In addition to founding the Global View Foundation and its many “Earthseeds” projects, he calls himself a "self-made entrepreneur" : Joyous Real Estate and founder of www.team-dreams.com and www.teamfunz.net - specializing in "assisting people to team up their energy to fulfill their dreams."
He's on my radio show, Tipping Points: Voices from the Edge, via phone. today, Wed. Jan 20, 3-4 PST, http://www.kyrs.org/. Rebroadcast Jan, 23, Fridays, 6 a.m. PST.
This Buckminster Fuller idea of space ship earth, or Lovelock's Gaia, or the Whole Earth deep ecology of so many deep thinkers, that's part of Joyous' look at how we need to see humanity, us, as "crew members" on earth. The simple act of putting a global of the Earth in the classroom, one made up of 2000 or more photos shot from space in NASA's various programs is self-affirming, life-affirming and globe affirming.
Google Earth is now part of the tool chest for helping citizens fight pollution, logging, illegal bulldozing, and air pollution, and much more. Appalachian Voices uses the Google tool to monitor and fight mountaintop removal.
More on these topics soon.
- ► 2011 (77)
- Food, Biofuel, Biochar -- Earth Beat Radio's On th...
- WSF -- Social Forum to Tackle Global Issues?
- NF3, Solar Panels, Unintended Consequences
- Haiti and the design community: To the Planning an...
- Louisiana and Sea Levels and another Katrina Event...
- No Smoking Guns with Hacked Emails -- 83 CEOs Ask ...
- Earth Seeds and Teaching the Young to See We are C...
- Education -- The Key to Autodesk, PacifiCAD, 21st ...
- Haiti Needs Help Now
- Another USA Climate Official Gets it Wrong
- Corn, Inputs, Pollution -- Filmmakers do Good by B...
- Biodiversity Counts -- For Humanity, For Food
- Global Climate Change Impacts -- Not Some TEA Part...
- The Power of a Cube
- Urban Forestry as an Important Component of Parks ...
- Michael Pollan, food writer, journalist, activist,...
- Portland State U -- Like MIT and Johns Hopkins? I...
- Post Carbon World -- Land Use, Buildings, Building...
- Don't Shoot the Real Reporters -- The Rise and Fal...
- High Five-ing the Next New Career Thing? Plannin...
- ▼ January (20)
Links of Interest
- Architects with Out Borderers -- Seattle
- Architects without Borders
- Architecture 2030
- Architecture Sans Frontieres
- Auto Desk Sustainable Design
- Autodesk - Guide to Sustainable Design
- Cascadia Region Green Building Council
- Center for Biological Diversity
- City of Spokane--Sustainability
- Climate Central
- Climate Impacts Group
- Climate Progress
- Climate Solutions -- Olympia
- Climate Watch, California
- Committee on the Environment - AIA
- Dirty Cajuns
- Down to Earth Northwest
- Earth Charter
- Earth Day National
- Engineers without Borders-USA
- Fuse Washington
- Futurewise of Washington
- Gulf Coast Photography
- Inhabitat -- (design will save the world)
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Local Governments for Sustainability
- Low Power Community Radio -- Spokane
- Model Forest Policy Program
- New Urbanism
- Northwest Climate Change Center
- On Earth
- Planners' News
- Project for Public Spaces
- Real Climate
- Save Our Wild Salmon
- Smart Growth On Line
- Spokane Based Conservation -- Lands Council
- Sustainable Architecture, Building, Culture
- Sustainable Spokane
- The Green Architect
- Tree Hugger
- Western Climate Initiative
- Yale 360